Why does my phone doesn't recognize internal storage?

A

AC Question

Suddenly my phone is unable to acces internal storage. If I try to use camera or make an audio note with Whatsapp, it says "please turn off USB storage and try again", and it's not even plugged. If I open file manager, I see no folders or files (thing that didn't happen before).
If I change the function when USB plugged from "only charging" to "Media device" it says that the process android.media.proccess has stopped.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for registering! If you are using an SD card unmount it, restart the phone and see if it makes a difference.

Maybe you should consider a factory reset, but possibly it's a hardware problem with not easy fix. Not sure what else to suggest, sorry.

Autumnpizza1331

May 31, 2016
Visit site
I haven't got an SD card mounted, actually. I was hoping for any solution besides factory reset but if there's no alternative...However I downloaded an external file explorer and it does recognize internal storage, but I'm not sure of how could I take out my stuff (photos, videos) from the phone. My computer does not recognize it either.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2