Should I give up on Samsung or not?

chall1961

Jun 1, 2016
Visit site
Always been a fan of samsung, but I'm pulling my hair and wallet out. Had an S4, when the lollipop update hit the board overheated and the connection from the sim card holder to the motherboard came unglued, I weged some material in behind the case and suffered for 3 yrs with sim card not detected. I'd had enough so I bought a shinny new S5 this week. No add on apps just transfered the contacts, after an ATT update the GPS no longer works I'm like What the heck is up with samsung? SHoudl I try Motorola?

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Always been a fan of samsung, but I'm pulling my hair and wallet out. Had an S4, when the lollipop update hit the board overheated and the connection from the sim card holder to the motherboard came unglued, I weged some material in behind the case and suffered for 3 yrs with sim card not detected. I'd had enough so I bought a shinny new S5 this week. No add on apps just transfered the contacts, after an ATT update the GPS no longer works I'm like What the heck is up with samsung? SHoudl I try Motorola?

I haven't had issues with Samsung phones, but I will say that the smartphones you are referring to are older devices. However, they should still work. My father has an S5 and he loves it. No issues.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Hello and welcome to AndroidCentral. The S4 is a few years old now and wasn't a favorite of many Samsung fans. That being said, the S7 and S7 Edge are some amazing devices and the critics and users all seem to agree for once. The S5 was also a good device, you may have just gotten a lemon. I would steer clear of the S6 IMHO.

Good luck!!

Posted via the Android Central App

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I have a Sammy phone and multiple smart tvs so I WANT to want new Sammy phones but with some of my favorite features disappearing in new models and the delicate glass design I am looking at LG. If the new G5 had a bigger screen I would be interested.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37