The Google News and Weather widget disappeared from my Chinese-made GT3 phone while it was running the Apus launcher. It was about the time that the update to the Google news and weather app was came out in late May. I thought it might be a problem with the new version of Google news and update and the apus launcher so I have attempted to see if it's available in several other launchers including the GO Launcher, the UR Launcher, the 91 Launcher, the Holo Launcher, and I think a few more but without any success. Since I couldn't get the Google News and Weather widget to work, I have spent several hours over the past several days attempting to find a replacement.
    06-01-2016 08:32 PM
    Your phone don't run android which runs the custom manufacturers. You can download apps in Google Play Store
    06-01-2016 09:37 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Is the News and Weather app actually still installed on the phone?
    06-01-2016 10:45 PM
    I'm the one who posted this question but I've since become a member. ������

You're correct Lee Christina. I've learned about that since posting my question. It runs a version of Linux but as I understand it, Android is a Linux as well.

I'm very sure that I've GNW (Google News & Westher) running on this phone but I guess I could be wrong. I'd like to know why the widget of GNW won't work since the GNW app works and other widgets work.

I have found that every launcher has certain widgets that work with it. I imagine that's true with phones running Android rather thsn Linux.

Does anybody know whether there's a way to get the GNW widget to work on my JT 3 phone perhaps a launcher that I haven't tried or something else.
    06-03-2016 11:08 AM
    Yes, B. Diddy the app is still installed on my phone and I csn run it. I was reading the information about the app in the Plsy Store and unless I missed it they don't mention the widget. I wonder if they've discontinued it.
    06-03-2016 11:24 AM
    Strange. How about installing Google Now Launcher? The News and Weather widget should definitely work with that launcher.
    06-04-2016 12:09 AM
    If you have google G app then in that it shows Google news and weather.
    06-04-2016 12:27 AM
    That's not what the OP is asking about, though. The Google News and Weather app has a nice widget (which I use primarily as a 4 day weather forecast homescreen widget), while the main Google app doesn't.
    06-04-2016 01:31 AM