Stuck in Safe Mode

A

AC Question

My phone got wet so I dried it out and turned it back on the next day, but noticed it was in Safe Mode. I turned the phone off and back on. No luck. I took the battery out (again), put it back in and rebooted. No luck. I then tried powering it off but then continued to press the volume up button during reboot. No luck. Thank you in advance for your help!!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I am so sorry this happened to you! How did you dry your phone out? Though this isn't always an every-time-will-do-it solution, putting your phone in a bag of rice for a whole day can sometimes work by absorbing the water.

It's stuck in Safe Mode, though... Hmm. I don't want to give you the wrong advice, so I would say contact your manufacturer/look up your warranty. I think some carriers do not cover water damage, but it doesn't hurt to check that out, just in case.

Hopefully someone with a better knowledge of this will answer, but I would not do anything else with your phone (ie, don't take anything apart to try and fix it) until you contact the manufacturer.

Posted via the Android Central App

TerryMN

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
I am so sorry this happened to you! How did you dry your phone out? Though this isn't always an every-time-will-do-it solution, putting your phone in a bag of rice for a whole day can sometimes work by absorbing the water.

It's stuck in Safe Mode, though... Hmm. I don't want to give you the wrong advice, so I would say contact your manufacturer/look up your warranty. I think some carriers do not cover water damage, but it doesn't hurt to check that out, just in case.

Hopefully someone with a better knowledge of this will answer, but I would not do anything else with your phone (ie, don't take anything apart to try and fix it) until you contact the manufacturer.

Posted via the Android Central App

Morty2264, Thank you for your reply. And I truly appreciate your empathy because I am rather frustrated and getting more and more convinced that this is going to end up being a big deal :( Regarding the rice trick... I have tried that before but my phone wasn't actually that wet (or didn't seem to be anyway) so I just opened it up, removed the battery, used a blow dryer on everything and then let it air dry for a day. The weird volume message was finally gone so I thought I might be in the clear. However, still couldn't get it out of safe mode.

Thanks again.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Morty2264, Thank you for your reply. And I truly appreciate your empathy because I am rather frustrated and getting more and more convinced that this is going to end up being a big deal :( Regarding the rice trick... I have tried that before but my phone wasn't actually that wet (or didn't seem to be anyway) so I just opened it up, removed the battery, used a blow dryer on everything and then let it air dry for a day. The weird volume message was finally gone so I thought I might be in the clear. However, still couldn't get it out of safe mode.

Thanks again.
One of my biggest fears is water damage... So I definitely understand your frustration.

I would just bring it to your carrier's store (or did you buy it unlocked?) and see what they can do for you. Sometimes water-damaged phones can "appear" okay in some ways but are still malfunctioning, unfortunately... So I would just bring everything to the store and see what they say. Please keep us updated!