Miracasting Netflix has quit working properly with the latest Netflix app update. I have been screen mirroring netflix from my Motorola Droid Turbo 2 cell phone to "belkin" HDMI wifi screen mirror adapter plugged into my TV for several months without problems.

I've recently updated the netflix app and no longer can screen mirror netflix properly. The connection/mirror works fine until the movies starts to play and the only images that are cast is the subtitles and audio. The movie picture and subtitles can still be seen on the phone screen and audio and subtitles are mirrored on the TV screen. It is clear the mirror connection is still established because the subtitles and audio track the movie on the TV just without the movie picture.

All other screen mirroring/Miracasts work fine , Amazon Prime movies, YouTube... Netflix is the only app that does not screen mirror correctly.

While browsing old forms online I observed a similar issue reported when using Chromecast "mirror screen" feature and attempting to play netflix unfortunately with no reported fix...

I contacted Netflix help desk and they were quick to point the finger at my birklin mirror adapter. The neighbors have a smart tv, I'll try miscast to that later today.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Any fix ideas?

I've done the following:
    Reinstalled the netflix app
    Restarted phone
    Checked for phone updates
    06-02-2016 10:25 AM
    Same here with the galaxy note 5, and my Verizon Android tablet, model # QTAIR7. Screen mirroring with Xbox One works fine up until I run Netflix, HBO, Xfinity go, etc. Once I try to watch videos using those apps the audio can be heard, but only the closed captioning symbol in the corner can be seen. I have since tried out mirroring with my chromecast (using screen mirroring,not their respective chromecast apps), and everything works great for both my devices. This leads me to believe that it could be either the unforeseen result of the apps security preventing you from viewing the video because the app was tricked into thinking that the media was being recorded.Even more likely though is that it was intentionally implemented by the apps developers to stymie people who might use the feature to record and redistribute their content.
    06-24-2016 11:11 AM