Error message when trying to install the latest AT&T update

A

AC Question

I've been trying to download the latest update from AT&T (marshmallow I assume?) on to my HTC M8 and I get the following code after about 2-3 seconds of the update attempt:

E: missing bitmap oem_unlock_bg
(Code -1)
E: missing bitmap oem_unlock_bg_yes
(Code -1)
E: missing bitmap oem_unlock_bg_no
(Code -1)
E: Find no match PARTITION: for package path @/cache/recover/block.map
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
E: failed to map file
Installation aborted.

Any help would be much appreciated, and apologies if there are already many threads for this issue.

Regards,

Bod.

Mappi

Jun 8, 2016
Visit site
I've been trying to download the latest update from AT&T (marshmallow I assume?) on to my HTC M8 and I get the following code after about 2-3 seconds of the update attempt:

E: missing bitmap oem_unlock_bg
(Code -1)
E: missing bitmap oem_unlock_bg_yes
(Code -1)
E: missing bitmap oem_unlock_bg_no
(Code -1)
E: Find no match PARTITION: for package path @/cache/recover/block.map
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
E: failed to map file
Installation aborted.

Any help would be much appreciated, and apologies if there are already many threads for this issue.

Regards,

Bod.

Hey Bod,
Try making some space in the internal memory at&t recommend to have 18G for taking this upgrade. I had the same issue, had been dying to consume this upgrade past 2 weeks, finally I did it yesterday (06/07), in order to make some space I removed some of my larger apps like mail, games and then I cleared my cache after booting into recovery which gave me 17 to 18G space and tried, the upgrade worked. Enjoying the speed with Marshmallow, previously it was laggy most time.

- Mappi