After my wife's S6 updated to Android 6.0.1. When the phone powers up it requires a PIN. Problem is she doesn't know it. I used the findmymobile.samsung.com site to use the temp pin so she could get past the lock screen.

Now we are wanting to set a new PIN, but no idea where to set the new PIN. When we press Lock Screen and Security it asks for a PIN...which of course we don't know
    Any help appreciated
    06-04-2016 02:41 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! What kind of lockscreen security did your wife have before the update? Does she use her fingerprint sensor? If so, does she remember the backup password or PIN for the fingerprint sensor?

Try booting into Recovery and wiping the cache partition: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-21027. No personal data will be lost.

If that doesn't work, you might have to do a factory reset. With Factory Reset Protection, she'll have to enter her Google account information after the reset, and all of her local data will be gone, but at least she'll be able to use it again.
    06-04-2016 03:17 PM
    Hi yes she uses fingerprint lock screen. She doesn't remember the backup PIN. It's AT&T carrier if that matters.
    06-04-2016 08:10 PM
    The backup PIN or password is very important to remember, because fingerprint scanners are not foolproof. In the future, consider writing down passwords on a piece of paper and keeping them secure in a safe at home.

I'm not sure how else you can get into the phone without knowing the PIN. As I mentioned above, you could do a factory reset, but then she'll lose all locally saved data.
    06-05-2016 01:09 AM