I accidentally turned off my S4s Wi-Fi, and left the network data on the other night. When I woke in the morning I had 2 warnings from my provider telling me I was about to, and had exceeded my quota. I went and checked my data usage and out told me that at about 3am CM Clean Master had used 583MB... Yes half a Gigabyte. So I went and uninstalled it immediately. What on earth could cause such a huge amount of data to be used up? Should I be concerned? Have I had ID theft occur here. Have since read such apps aren't all that necessary. But does anyone have a clue why 500+ MB got chewed up by CM
    06-05-2016 05:55 AM
    You should be concerned that Clean Master is even installed on your phone. Not only does it not help in making your phone faster (quite the opposite actually, it incrementally makes the phone naturally slower), they require extensive permissions to get your data and sell it off. Yes they have admitted several times that they earn money by selling off their user's data.
    aximtreo likes this.
    06-05-2016 05:57 AM
    Welcome to the forums. There was no outside influence at work here. Clean Master is one of those popular apps on Play that people shouldn't really download....ever. Like chanchan05 said above, it is more detrimental to your device than anything. I would avoid Cheetah Mobile apps (they own Clean Master, among other apps), like the plague. Or in this case, like a computer virus...lol
    06-05-2016 09:04 AM