My Samsung a3 can never connect to the o2 network. It always says no signal with a circle and a line through it. It started of as the phone would not connect to data at all and always had a notification which said no signal. After hours of searching this was fixed by selecting 3g only if anything else is selected the phone drops out. This is a fairly new phone and this is a really annoying issue. I have tried everything I have found on threads and nothing has fixed this so far this problem has not been resolved as far as I can tell please help.
    06-05-2016 06:29 AM
    My Samsung a3 can never connect to the o2 network. It always says no signal with a circle and a line through it. It started of as the phone would not connect to data at all and always had a notification which said no signal. After hours of searching this was fixed by selecting 3g only if anything else is selected the phone drops out. This is a fairly new phone and this is a really annoying issue. I have tried everything I have found on threads and nothing has fixed this so far this problem has not been resolved as far as I can tell please help.
    if you have any help [email removed by Mod per guidelines]
    06-05-2016 06:35 AM
    Have you spoken to O2 about it?
    06-05-2016 06:40 AM
    Talked to a guru even he didn't know what to do told me to go on here
    06-05-2016 06:43 AM
    Was the phone originally able to connect? Where was it purchased?
    06-05-2016 06:53 AM
    Yes it was able to connect for a few months and when I went into a room which had no signal it never came back and it was purchased frim cex a class condition
    06-05-2016 07:00 AM
    When I went to turkey it connected to the local turkish network with perfect signal this phone is also sim locked
    06-05-2016 07:08 AM
    Get a CEX store to tru out their sims on it. Even without a receipt they would / may have it on their system.

They are pretty helpful anyway. Perhaps they mistakenly labelled it as unlocked.

Can't believe you had it that long and not able to use it. Just saying.

Try apps like Phone Spec, Hardware info apps, Antutu Benchmark's device information tab.

Are the apn settings installed for O2. More Networks - Access Point Names.

Ask for a new sim from an O2 store. Good luck.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    06-05-2016 07:24 AM
    An update-
    It turns out that the phone has been barred due to cex either selling a stolen phone or the person who traded it in is abusing the warranty. So after a couple of months the previous owner must've contacted o2 telling them the phone is stolen and giving then the imei number to Barr the phone.
    sfoLAX and belodion like this.
    06-05-2016 03:16 PM
    An update-
    It turns out that the phone has been barred due to cex either selling a stolen phone or the person who traded it in is abusing the warranty. So after a couple of months the previous owner must've contacted o2 telling them the phone is stolen and giving then the imei number to Barr the phone.
    Thanks for the update.
    Did you get that from O2? I guess CEX don't have an infallible system.
    I'd be curious and grateful to find out if CEX make it up to you. I bought a lot from them in the past.
    I hope it works out for you.

Join in the forums when you get it working.
    06-05-2016 04:32 PM