Why will text selection not work?

A

AC Question

On my Galaxy S6, I can no longer use any text selection features for some reason. In my messaging app, I can select a text and copy the text from it, however I cannot, in a text field outside of my Google Chrome browser, copy or paste, or even really see my cursor. I see the blinking line for text fields, but when I tap, I do not even see the blue bubble under it that I'm supposed to. I have none of the copy and past options when I hold down in a text field, and I can't even highlight anything anymore. The only app any of these features still work in is Google Chrome. Can anyone provide a concise, legitimate solution? Factory resetting my phone is an absolute last resort, and I WILL NOT ROOT. Firstly, I have no idea how, and I do not want to root my phone and void my warranty.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, you shouldn't need to root the device to get a basic task working - have you tried using the Samsung browser and seeing if you can copy text from that? what apps have you tried that it doesn't work for? I can only really copy from Google Chrome on my phone. If I want to copy a text message it copies the whole body of the message, not just one specific word/s

Cash Mob

Apr 21, 2020
Visit site
This worked for me on Samsung J7
Setting/Accessibility/Dexterity and interaction/Change Tap and hold delay to short(0.5 seconds)
When the delay is long 1.5 secs this affects on selection is us hold and press for a time shorter than that.