A few days ago, my girlfriend renewed her contract with Globe Telecom in the Philippines and she got this Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge as her retention. She gave it to me because she was not a fan. Anyway, the phone was simlocked to that network but since we are based in Singapore, we had no choice but to have it unlocked. Now that i have put in both my Singapore sims, I realised that i have totally no mobile data. I can text and call fine but i can't browse the web. Upon further research, I found out that it might be the APN; but when i did try to access it, it was all greyed out.

Is there a way to fix this? I rooted the phone hoping that would fix it. Will flashing a stock ROM work? I seriously don't want this phone to go to waste. Thanks in advance to anyone who would help me. Also, everytime I boot the phone, a little animation from Globe Telecom plays before reaching the home screen. Not really a big thing, but it would be great if you helped get rid of it.
    06-06-2016 02:40 AM
    Hi, have you tried speaking to your current service provider? it could be something as simple as them sending you a message with your necessary settings on it?
    06-06-2016 08:40 AM
    Hey man,

After scouring the web for solutions, I finally found a way to edit the APN of your Globe Galaxy S7 Edge. It was quite simple really. You only have to change the CSC code of your phone. What is it and How? Read this. I used the CSC code for Singapore (SIN) and it worked like a charm.

CATCH: You have to make sure to backup all data of your device, eg Contacts, Messages, etc. because after installing the new CSC, it will reset everything. It will try to restore your data though, but I did not trust it. But it worked for me and APN settings can now be modified.

You may have already solved your problem now but this reply is also for those who are yet to find solutions.
    06-22-2016 06:58 AM
    I know this is an old thread but i had trouble finding my apn setting on my sprint galaxy s7 and it was unlocked for use on the t-mobile network, i could call and text but data wouldn't work and after some research i found that if u dial ##data# it takes to u to a page and u click view and bammm!!! Apn settings and a few other options as well. From there u just insert whatever apn settings depending on service and make sure u save it when done and thats it, worked for me anyway
    12-29-2016 11:18 PM
    To set the Access Point Name (APN) and turn on data settings, follow these steps:

From the Home screen, tap the Apps icon.
    Tap Settings.
    Tap Mobile networks.
    Tap Access Point Names.
    If available, tap the T-Mobile US APN (the bullet point fills with green). If not available, tap the MORE icon, and then tap New APN.
    Note: To reset your APN settings, tap the MORE icon and then tap Reset to default.
    Verify and update the following settings for the Data APN:
    Name: T-Mobile US LTE
    APN: fast.t-mobile.com
    Proxy: <Not set>
    Port: <Not set>
    Username: <Not set>
    Password: <Not set>
    Server: <Not set>
    MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MMS proxy: <Not set>
    MMS port: <Not set>
    MMS protocol: WAP 2.0
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 260
    Authentication type:<Not set>
    APN type: <Not set> OR Internet+MMS
    APN protocol: IPv4/IPv6
    APN roaming protocol: IPv4
    Enable/disable APN: <greyed out unless there are multiple APN's>
    Bearer: Unspecified
    Tap Save.
    Tap the desired APN profile you want to use. The bullet point fills with green next to the APN profile.
    12-29-2016 11:40 PM