How can I retrieve my forgotten password?

A

AC Question

Here's the problem: My husband bought us a Motorola Moto E to replace our other phones. Well, the screen on his phone did a screen lock on him where he couldn't access anything on his phone. We had to do a hard reset and now when he turns his phone on, it brings up the "select language" page. He will then tap the next button and it brings up the "choose your Wi-Fi" page. He taps the skip button on it and then a warning box comes up and he taps the "skip anyway" button. Then, it goes to the "Please verify your Gmail address". He enters that and it asks for the password. When he tries to put in the password he thinks is it, he gets "wrong pass try again". We took it to Boost Mobile to see if they could help us and was told that it was a Google thing. I went online to the Google support and that didn't help me at all. All it did was change his Google account password. I need his Gmail account password for his phone. When I called Google support, the first call sounded like someone answered the phone without saying anything and laid it to the side; so I hung up. I called the second time and was told to take it somewhere but the person on the other end sounded like he slurred his words on where to take it and then HE hung up on me! The third time I called the person on the other end said, "I can't help you!" and they hung up! (rude!) So that's my dilemma. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
If you already changed the Gmail password, that's all you need.
Start over again, preferably at home if you have WiFi.
This time, tell your husband to connect to WiFi and connect to his Gmail account if it asks.
This way, the new password will work.
If it doesn't work that way, go online in a computer while the phone is on.
Use the Android device manager.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781