Which phone should be my new tinker phone?

A

AC Question

Hello all!

I'm trying to find a new phone for me and can't seem to find one that's just right. I like to have a nifty back-up/tinker phone to counter-act my daily driver. Right now I use an iPhone SE and absolutely adore it -- it does everything I need and is perfectly stable! But I want something a little rougher and sexier as my back-up phone. I want something to play with that isn't as reliable, maybe.

I love the Galaxy Nexus. The way it curved in my hand, the absolutely pitch black logo less front. It fit in my hand perfectly, it was a gorgeous size. It was the last time I had a real "tinker" phone that I liked. Stupendous! Unfortunately my rendezvous with the GN was cut short by a back to back drop-out-of-pocket (serial basketball short wearer) in a rainstorm on my way out of a Barnes and Noble and a rather leaky humidifier. While I still have the water-damaged phone in a drawer somewhere basement-dwelling, it no longer works.

I've tried the Nexus 4 and Nexus 5, and really didn't take to either of those! They just didn't click. Other phones I have loved include the Blackberry Bold 9900 (KEYBOARD ON FLEEK), the HTC Nexus One (harmonious perfection for some reason), and the Nokia N9 (MeeGo had potential in another dimension)! I'm pretty platform agnostic, but Windows phones haven't really done it for me besides the Lumia 900, which I had for awhile.

I'm just looking for that quirk, that sparkle! Something to tinker with, something a little darker and scarier than my tiny Rose Gold iPhone. I'd like to spend around what I spent on the Galaxy Nexus, under 400 dollars, but if something perfect strikes, I'll pay more.

Any recommendations for my next purchase?

Thank you in advance!

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I dare you to buy a Nokia Lumia 1020, and to install a custom Marshmallow ROM on it, which I believe one of the XDA Forums geniuses has developed. :)

Another delightful device in my opinion is the Motorola Blur/Defy, for its small size and high-quality display....a sort of Android iPhone. :)

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
:cool: In addition to "AMBASSADOR-belodion" reply. I heard a lot about the "Sonim IP7"
as One of the ideal phones-For those rough daily activities. Review its features and
select..other Styles from link: Best Rugged phones - Scroll down to view content

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair