Ok this is infuriating. Some days ago i noticed the contact picture of my fiancee disappeared in the conversation with her on Hangouts. It just shows a green circle with a white head/body. But in the list of conversations, the contact picture shows up, as well as any notifications from messages she sends. Her contact picture still works 100% correctly on my work phone that has the same google account on it as well. I logged into contacts.google.com and updated her photo there, and it syncronized on both my phones but on my main phone (Galaxy S7 Edge), in the actual conversation it still shows the blank contact pic, but in the conversation list and notifications the contact pic i set does appear. I check my settings and it says Contacts sync is having a problem. Turning it off and back on a few times gets that error to go away, but still nothing. Everything from clearing cache, to clearing data, to disabling hangouts and renabling it, rebooting my phone multiple times....nothing. So then i add a different account on my phone to hangouts, and add my fiancee there and her contact picture works 100% like it should. What the heck is going on? Id say its isolated to my account but my account on my work phone (galaxy s4) has her contact picture working just fine. My account on my s7e is the one not showing her contact pic in conversation, but a different account on the same phone works fine? This is driving me nuts. Ive also verified that the contact picture shows up properly in both conversation list and actual conversation on the integrated hangouts messenger on gmail.com. I even watched it update there, both ways. She doesn't have a google+ photo set, however that was never an issue before.

Does anyone have any solutions to this issue? Thanks
    06-07-2016 02:31 AM
    I've been having the same issue. Hopefully it's just a bug that will be fixed soon. It has happened before, and eventually fixed itself.
    06-12-2016 09:01 AM