Hi Androiders. Don't know if this question it's been posted before..

But here it goes. Can't spot In my Sam-Gs7 the "marshmallow-name"

When I goto >Settings >About device >Software Info if clicked

display >Android ver. 6.0.1 : But the word "marshmallow"

is Not Shown anywhere. Any theory as to Why not
    06-07-2016 03:30 AM
    It will not say marshmallow. That's just the term associated with Android 6.0

Android is the only popular system that highly uses software version nicknames overall. Just like Windows and iOS has nicknames for their different versions but they are widely known as the version number and not the nickname.
    Sam_Gs7 likes this.
    06-07-2016 04:14 AM
    Those names are not included. Only the number is used to describe the version.
    Sam_Gs7 likes this.
    06-07-2016 04:18 AM
    Tap the "Version number 6.0x" several times until you get an M, then tap it again.
    Sam_Gs7 likes this.
    06-07-2016 08:30 AM
    It will not say marshmallow. That's just the term associated with Android 6.0

Android is the only popular system that highly uses software version nicknames overall. Just like Windows and iOS has nicknames for their different versions but they are widely known as the version number and not the nickname.
    Great explanation @AlphaTango414..But I'm not totally agree that Microsoft and iOS use
    Nicknames to identify its versions. Find it Funny that "Android" use Nicks to ID its Updates
    but when install them-Avoid written it on the Phone. Time to change that practice :->
    06-07-2016 10:47 AM
    Those names are not included. Only the number is used to describe the version.
    Hey! How's life belodion: What would be interesting to know "Why Android" decides

named its versions, with long names N' when the Update is Installed includes only

version number. Why Not write down ver. name on phones too
    06-07-2016 11:22 AM
    Tap the "Version number 6.0x" several times until you get an M, then tap it again.
    Thanks for your input @sfoLAX : But the workaround didn't work ..TAP +Tap..but

the M never showed up. Hope Android-Developers include that trick on Next version

I'd welcome more comments on this issue..C'mon-Androiders sent your ideas :->
    06-07-2016 11:42 AM
    It's always been the same every year, so why break with recent tradition.
    Gingerbread, Froyo... it gives the enthusiast and nerd alike an easier reference also when discussing problems and you're less prone to numerical version error.
    Choosing or guessing the new name is the highlight of people's year.
    Don't take that away from them

Possibly you can't bring up the Marshmallow "Easter Egg"
    on a Samsung.
    06-07-2016 12:02 PM
    Hey! How's life belodion: What would be interesting to know "Why Android" decides

named its versions, with long names N' when the Update is Installed includes only

version number. Why Not write down ver. name on phones too
    I don't know. I imagine it's rather like the copper-capped trim on the chimneys of the Great Western Railway's steam locomotives....unnecessary, but a pleasing tradition.
    Also, confectionery = nice, so I suppose Google is saying, Nice things await you in this phone.
    And as sfoLAX points out above, a name is an easier reference tag than a number.

(Also, apologies to AlphaTango414....I think I got ninja'd.)
    06-07-2016 01:03 PM
    ATTENTION To: SfoLAX- belodion +AlfaTango414. Thank you for reply
    at my question. Oops! to AlfaTango.. I send you an >>Apology about
    "Not totally agree" on Nicks used by Windows and our Bro..iOS

I didn't imply to remove the "Contest of Selecting" The New-Android name version
    from 100's of proposals. If is a tradition keep it up. My inquiry was why the
    word "marshmallow" is Not written on phonesData. Read Me soon
    belodion likes this.
    06-07-2016 08:43 PM
    ATTENTION To: SfoLAX- belodion +AlfaTango414. Thank you for reply
    at my question. Oops! to AlfaTango.. I send you an >>Apology about
    "Not totally agree" on Nicks used by Windows and our Bro..iOS

I didn't imply to remove the "Contest of Selecting" The New-Android name version
    from 100's of proposals. If is a tradition keep it up. My inquiry was why the
    word "marshmallow" is Not written on phonesData. Read Me soon
    Yes, there seems to be no obvious reason for not including the name with the number.
    Sam_Gs7 likes this.
    06-08-2016 07:10 AM
    Right in On! <belodion> You found as well that omit "Register" in the phone the
    "Marshmallow-word" As the current Android-OS it doesn't help users to ID the

new [Android version] When downloaded the Update should include: Name +ver.Number..
    I'd say that as AC-Forums we could request it to Google--Android DevTeam

Re: How to select the Android new name: Is time to end the Food names-Huha!
    as i.e. "Marshmallow" stand for: Spongy confection made of gelatin
    and sugar-corn syrup & Dusted with powdered sugar

Let's choose a name related to Wireless calls or Phone's future names. PS support
    include Name +Numerical version-When installPhone updates. Any reply send it
    belodion likes this.
    06-08-2016 09:06 PM
    We could switch to flowering plants....the marshmallow, Althaea officinalis, from which the confection was originally made, has already started the trend, in effect. Perhaps Android N will bear the name of a member of the plant kingdom.
    Sam_Gs7 likes this.
    06-09-2016 05:21 AM