Why I can't use S Voice Voice Wake-up on my Samsung Galaxy S6 (marshmallow)?

A

AC Question

So.. I have the newest marshmallow version on my S6. When I bought my phone I have disabled the S Voice (I had lollilop) . But I wanted to use it so I abled it yesterday. Actually, it's working, but in the settings, I can't turn on the voice wake-up. I can't touch this setting. Anyway, I don't use any voice assitant on my phone. Except Google. I use both Google Now and OK Google. I've read in some sites that Google can be the reason of the problems, so I uninstalled all the Google Apps, but it still didn't work. I don't what should I do to get this working. Anyone?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Most of the tutorials I am finding show you how to replace S voice with Google Now, NOT the other way around. I believe the problem you are seeing is that they are conflicting with each other. I hate to say this but I think you might have to factory reset it. I know it's a PIA, BUT I should fix the problem, and the google cloud or app store SHOULD be able to get you all your apps back. It'll just be a fun right of downloading, restoring, email settings etc! lol