So I have no idea how this happened but somehow my pattern pass changed. No one has had access to my phone other than me. I've been using my fingerprint to get into my phone and tried changing my pattern but unfortunately you need to know the old pattern to make a new one. I'm pretty sure I was using my pattern earlier today to get into my phone and it worked without problems. Does anyone have any idea how this happened? I'm sure some people would say that someone is ******* with me but I've been the only person using my phone for the last few days and only 1 other person knows my password and has their fingerprint in my phone and I haven't seen them in days. And I can't factory reset my phone without my pattern lock and now I can't turn off my phone because I won't be able to get back in since it doesn't let you use your fingerprint upon first unlock after a reset.
    06-08-2016 10:17 PM
    Hello. You can factory reset your device with the phone off by navigating in Recovery Mode with the power and volume buttons (+ home button on Samsung's).

If you don't know your backup code that's your best bet. If you do reset it in Recovery Mode your Google account that was previously on it will still need to be input, or you can't use it (Gmail address and password).
    http://www.androidcentral.com/factor...-you-need-know

Before that, if it's a Samsung, try looking it with Samsung's Find my Mobile on a pc.

You can also try setting a new lock with any device using Google's Android Device Manager
    www.google.com/android/devicemanager
    but it's being reported for a while that setting a new pin code lock this way doesn't override the previous lock any more, for some people.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    06-09-2016 10:59 AM