I have a i phone 5 and have had it for about 2 months its cracked up the top of the screen but usually cracks don't do much.....my phone now scrolls on its own and types on its own and even calls people !!! This started happening just after i got back from the coast a week ago ! i got if off a re furnished one day sale and it has a one year guarantee but i doubt they will due to the cracked screen please help !
    06-09-2016 02:35 AM
    Hi there!

I can agree with you, that the 1 year guarantee, will not cover it, as it obvious that the issue was caused by the exposed area below the crack. My guess ifs that the exposed area was subject to perhaps moisture, worse yet, the moist-salty environment.

Here's a left field try....but does this happen all the time, or just when its plugged in? Coincidence maybe, but if it only occurs when plugged in, it might be the source of power causing the erratic behavior. (I'm sure not related) but I've seen this happen.

Now, back to the most likely cause, salt! If it were ME....(not responsible for damage if you try) but, if it were me, I would use a cotton swap, saturated with the highest concentrate of rubbing alcohol, around the cracked area (MAKE SURE PHONE IF OFF). After a few seconds only, I would then use the shop vac again to suck the alcohol out and dry at same time. I would then put phone in bag of rice, over night, in a warm (not hot) environment, then give it a shot. But that's me, proceed at your own risk. (I HAVE DONE THIS BEFORE) Never any issues.

Hope this helps!

Chris

You can try getting a shop vac with the smallest tip, and using it around the cracked area and along its ports.
    Our friends at iMore will help, if no-one here in the Android forums can. You'll be welcome to post your question there.
    http://m.imore.com/uk
    Degener84u likes this.
    06-09-2016 05:07 AM
    Hi there!

I can agree with you, that the 1 year guarantee, will not cover it, as it obvious that the issue was caused by the exposed area below the crack. My guess ifs that the exposed area was subject to perhaps moisture, worse yet, the moist-salty environment.

Here's a left field try....but does this happen all the time, or just when its plugged in? Coincidence maybe, but if it only occurs when plugged in, it might be the source of power causing the erratic behavior. (I'm sure not related) but I've seen this happen.

Now, back to the most likely cause, salt! If it were ME....(not responsible for damage if you try) but, if it were me, I would use a cotton swap, saturated with the highest concentrate of rubbing alcohol, around the cracked area (MAKE SURE PHONE IF OFF). After a few seconds only, I would then use the shop vac again to suck the alcohol out and dry at same time. I would then put phone in bag of rice, over night, in a warm (not hot) environment, then give it a shot. But that's me, proceed at your own risk. (I HAVE DONE THIS BEFORE) Never any issues.

Hope this helps!

Chris

You can try getting a shop vac with the smallest tip, and using it around the cracked area and along its ports.
    Degener84u likes this.
    06-09-2016 06:53 AM