Not always getting push notifications, Facebook Messenger causes device to crash...

A

AC Question

I have a new Vodafone Smart Prime 7 with Android Marshmallow preinstalled.
Notifications are rather unreliable. Please note, all the usual settings are correct and I have already un-opimised the affected apps from the battery optimisation thing.

With some apps, the notification seems to come through at the right time, but I get no actual alert until I activate the phone. With Whatsapp for example, I won't get any indication of a message until I switch the phone out of sleep mode.

Facebook Messanger is the worst. Whenever I get an incoming message, the phone completely crashes. It removes my wallpaper and the screen keeps fluctuating between off and on; I have to physically restart the phone to get it working again (and even then, I get no actual notification that I've got a new message).

How can I sort this out please? Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Did you install FB Messenger from the Play Store, or from somewhere else? If it wasn't from the Play Store, there's a chance it isn't compatible with the phone. Look at the FB Messenger app page in the Play Store website on your computer browser, and click Install--does it show your phone as compatible (or already installed)?

Do you have any "RAM booster/cleaner" apps or power-saving apps installed or preinstalled? If so, uninstall or disable them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2