I have a new S7 and admittedly I've never used an android phone before. The copy paste function is basically exactly the same on the two OS's though. Long press>copy; long press>paste. I can copy to my clipboard and I see it say it has been copied. But I can no longer paste anywhere. It's a ridiculous issue, but I don't see anyone else posting about it. Can anyone help an android newbie?
    06-09-2016 01:11 PM
    Hello. I don't know which other OS you had, but it will only paste in a text field eg email, note app, doc etc.

Maybe you do have a problem, or it just takes a while to adapt. I don't always get the paste option straight away. In fact it's been difficult lately, but I now have a Motorola.

If you have two green bars merged it likely wants to highlight more text. A single cursor or blue bar on mine will let me paste.

Samsung's unusually store more than one clip in ram (long pressing in the Internet address bar and swiping to Clipboard did it for me on my previous Samsung, or a clipboard icon on one of the Samsung keyboard keys).

I would recommend the Clipper app though, as it stores 20 for free in the main memory.

Come back if you continue to have problems (by registering). It may be an S7 issue.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    06-09-2016 02:25 PM
    I really appreciate the quick reply. After 2 days and other android users helping (I've always had an iphone), no one knew how to fix it. I eventually just started digging through the whole phone and just changing things even if I didn't know what they did (incredibly smart idea, I know). Eventually I made some changes in accessibility settings and all of the sudden it worked. No idea what I actually did though. Really frustrating and I'm sure I broke some other things in the process.
    sfoLAX likes this.
    06-09-2016 02:54 PM
    I really appreciate the quick reply. After 2 days and other android users helping (I've always had an iphone), no one knew how to fix it. I eventually just started digging through the whole phone and just changing things even if I didn't know what they did (incredibly smart idea, I know). Eventually I made some changes in accessibility settings and all of the sudden it worked. No idea what I actually did though. Really frustrating and I'm sure I broke some other things in the process.
    Thanks for registering. Sorry I missed your post. I had been thinking to try changing the hold duration in settings.
    I see on my Motorola in Accessibility there is a Touch and Hold Delay option (Short - Medium - Long). I'm sure it was elsewhere on my previous Samsung's as well.

Welcome to the forums. Have a look around
    06-10-2016 07:26 AM