I've been using Google to do simple tasks such as texting or calling people. I recently cleaned up my contacts...deleted ALL local phone contacts and then removed sync from Google contacts.

I then went into Contacts on my computer and filtered down to my "work" group and deleted all of those contacts.

Back on the phone I re-enabled contact sync and all contacts came over as expected (i.e. no work contacts on the computer or on my phone).

However when I use Google to do a voice command (ex: Text Craig....) it asks me which Craig and brings up the one still in my contacts, and two Craigs that were work contacts that I have deleted.

How do I get Google to stop "finding" deleted contacts? It's driving me crazy. I can't find anywhere to further remove/clean them up. They aren't in "other" they aren't on the phone itself, and other changes I make within contacts sync fine.
    06-09-2016 02:08 PM
    Hey, did you ever figure this one out? I'm getting the same, and also duplicates of the same person like one would be <FirstName, LastName> and another would be <LastName, FirstName>.... It's driving me insane. I've deleted all apps on my phone that could hold other contacts, disabled all syncing. I then cleaned up my contacts on google, and re-synced. My contacts app shows one contact, but voice search shows the duplicates and the deleted ones...
    07-19-2016 10:48 AM