Why does Google keep showing me deleted contacts when I do a voice command/search

A

AC Question

I've been using Google to do simple tasks such as texting or calling people. I recently cleaned up my contacts...deleted ALL local phone contacts and then removed sync from Google contacts.

I then went into Contacts on my computer and filtered down to my "work" group and deleted all of those contacts.

Back on the phone I re-enabled contact sync and all contacts came over as expected (i.e. no work contacts on the computer or on my phone).

However when I use Google to do a voice command (ex: Text Craig....) it asks me which Craig and brings up the one still in my contacts, and two Craigs that were work contacts that I have deleted.

How do I get Google to stop "finding" deleted contacts? It's driving me crazy. I can't find anywhere to further remove/clean them up. They aren't in "other" they aren't on the phone itself, and other changes I make within contacts sync fine.

MDClaytz

Jul 19, 2016
Visit site
Hey, did you ever figure this one out? I'm getting the same, and also duplicates of the same person like one would be <FirstName, LastName> and another would be <LastName, FirstName>.... It's driving me insane. I've deleted all apps on my phone that could hold other contacts, disabled all syncing. I then cleaned up my contacts on google, and re-synced. My contacts app shows one contact, but voice search shows the duplicates and the deleted ones...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC