Why isn't my SMS working?

A

AC Question

I have an HTC 510 at the moment and I can't send SMS but i can send MMS. I can receive both easily. I can also send voicemails and call like normal. On my old phone, HTC Desire 826, is where it started and on that phone I did a factory reset and it didn't help anything. When I got my HTC 510 the problem seemed to flow onto it.I used the same SIM card for both. I haven't gotten a chance to get a new SIM card yet, but I think that's the problem. BTW, I use Cricket. I have tried many other fixes (such as changing the service center number) and they haven't worked, so is my SIM the problem?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Are you using the default messaging app for HTC, or are you using another, third party app? That third party app is set as your default app, correct!

Also, try turning your network connections off and on, and see what happens.

Posted via the Android Central App

likeclockwork11

Jun 11, 2016
Visit site
(I made this thread as anonymous and i'm replying with my account now) I have tried using the default messaging app, and then setting a different app as default and neither worked. The third party app was the Facebook Messenger and I can only message the people that already have Messenger with Messenger which is fine, but alot of my contacts don't have the app and I dont wanna pressure them to get it.
I've tried multiple times to turn off wifi connections (and mobile data connections) and then turn them back on. I also tried the ol' Airplane mode trick, which is basically the same thing, and that didn't work. I've turned off my phone for lengthy-ish periods of time and that did nothing as well. I've gone through 3 data cycles since the problem started and resetting data does nothing. I bet I have a corrupted SIM or something

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol