I call and I can not be heard through the normal microphone, but when I use the mic to say test and record sound on a video it works fine?
    06-10-2016 09:02 PM
    Since you don't say what device you're using I'm going to guess that your device has two mics. Many do, one at the bottom of the phone for calling phone to face style and a rear mic for facing what you're video recording and stereo sound. I would assume that if you called someone and used speaker phone instead of phone to face they'd be able to hear you because on many devices this brings the second mic into play. The mic holes are tiny and aren't prone to getting plugged mainly due to their size, but the one on the bottom would be the one to plug before the one on the back. It could also be damaged or defective, but not knowing your device you'd have to Google it to see if anyone else is reporting issues. Check the small holes of you can find them for debris. Don't go crazy poking at them. If that's a no go try searching your device and mic problems.
    06-10-2016 09:49 PM
    I have a Samsung S7 Active which used to connect very well with my Sony Bluetooth radio (MEXN5100BT), and make and receive calls. Suddenly, I can hear the party on the other end, but they can't hear me. The radio has a separate mic, which works fine. I tried another car stereo with the same result. Bluetooth connects, I can control the radio, for other functions in the radio App, the microphone works fine for voice commands, etc. but for some reason, the S7 is not processing the voice coming back from the stereo and transmitting it as part of the phone call.
    01-24-2017 12:45 PM