I used my AKG k451's on the Huawei and it continued to play the music out the speaker.

I then tested my HyperX Cloud 2's on it aswell and that too was ignored and the music continued to play through the speaker.

Is this a flaw of the Huawei P9 that I wasn't aware of?

Or is there a way of changing the phone settings to allow other headphones to be compatible?
    06-11-2016 04:08 AM
    I'm having a similiar problem with a pair of Sony headphones I have. Initially the worked fine but after a while they would often not work and the icon would stop appearing in the notification tray at the top.

I took the phone back to get it repaired as the ear speaker had also stopped working. Just got it back today, apparently just got sent a new phone. Ear speaker works perfectly fine... but my headphones still don't connect. Did check the headphones that came bundled with it and they still work.

Very confusing, I'd either expect my headphones to either work or have never worked. To work initially and then stop working at all (even with a new phone!) is really weird.

These headphones still work with other devices (e.g. my laptop)

Anyone else had similar issues and no a fix?
    06-28-2016 01:50 PM
    Hi i'm in the same situation. other headphone will not work with my P9. I found an app called sound about that will force the audio to come out of the headphone jack. That's the only way i could get it to play sounds from the headphone jack. Looks like a software issue maybe. Please share if you found some other work around. The P9 is a great phone except for this annoying issue.

BR
    06-30-2016 01:52 AM
    So I can get audio to play out my headphones using Sound About, so the hardware is fine. This has to be a software issue!
    07-07-2016 12:23 AM
    I think the problem is the P9 uses a 4-connector TRRS jack which supports headsets with features like volume control and mic. I got my Samsung earphones working with my P9 but they also have a volume control and mic with mute function. But it won't work with other normal 3-conductor TRS headsets with no additional features. You'll notice that on the P9 earphones, there are 3 rings on the pin, you need to look out for that on other headsets.
    04-25-2017 03:20 AM