What's with the no-sound icon on my text message?

A

AC Question

Ok. Text messaging. Once you open the messaging app it shows all of the conversations I've got on the go. Name and last message on the left, time on the right. On one of my conversations, and only one, there is a crossed out speaker icon above the time. What's with that? It's the same icon as what you'd see on the top ribbon when you put your phone to silent. Does this mean I won't hear a sound when this person shoots me a message? Not sure why it's there or how to get rid of it. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey there. Just registered. Replying to my own post. Here is a screenshot of what I'm talking about. It's the conversation with Paul JansenView attachment 229913

It looks like you muted the notifications for that person. Try long pressing on said user and see if there is an option to unmute. If there is no such option go into their thread and see if there is an option somewhere there.

Posted via the Android Central App

William Timoti

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
Well it means you wont heare them text back no notification tone when they message you all you gotta do is open up the message and there should be a down arrow next to the persons name press it and turn the notification button on or right then it should get rid of the muted icon idk if It'll work for you I'm use ing a s7

herthh

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
The point is, we do not know WHAT caused the no-sound selection, and HOW TO GET RID OF IT. I tired every trick in the book, in the message app and in the contact setting itself. No dice. All contacts have identical notification, vibration pattern etc.

I have Android 6.0.1

Lissa50

Dec 29, 2017
Visit site
I had same problem. To fix: Open the actual thread of text with that person. At the top right hand of page, you now have the icon (stacked bars) with options for texts with that particular person. Mine (7edge) had the mute notification symbol at the bottom of the page. I just had to click it back to sound.

Susanhickey

Aug 3, 2019
Visit site
I have the same problem with Samsung S8 and have not been getting message notifications for some time. I finally looked at a specific message and clicked on the 3 dots in top right corner and noticed a bell with a cross through it in bottom right corner. I have clicked that and hope it will fix the problem. But here's the thing I have to go into all my contacts and do this. Is there any way to turn this setting off globally. All other app settings have been checked as well as the badges notifications are turned on.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have the same problem with Samsung S8 and have not been getting message notifications for some time. I finally looked at a specific message and clicked on the 3 dots in top right corner and noticed a bell with a cross through it in bottom right corner. I have clicked that and hope it will fix the problem. But here's the thing I have to go into all my contacts and do this. Is there any way to turn this setting off globally. All other app settings have been checked as well as the badges notifications are turned on.
You can also go into phone settings >apps tap>3 Dots upper right corner tap> scroll to reset app preference and should remove any restriction in all that was done beforeScreenshot_20190803-105146_Settings.jpeg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800