Samsung Gear VR making phone crash/not charge

A

AC Question

So about a month ago my Galaxy S6 Edge+ started popping up with this dumb Gear VR app, asking me to download it. After it happening several times and me declining it each time, my phone started to not charge/think it was charging all the time. The blue circle that pops up on the bottom of your screen when you plug in a charger keeps lighting up as if I'm trying to charge the phone, when I'm actually not. It drains the battery life so quickly. Then, the phone completely died and would not charge with a USB anymore, it would only charge over wireless charger. A woman at a Verizon store told me that I broke the charging port, and wireless charging or buying a new phone was my only option. Well, after a few days, the phone started to charge with USB again, but it would still charge incredibly slow, think its charging when it wasnt, and every now and again the phone will bug out, get a black screen, and have a small white "x" in the corner for a while, then it'll go away. Sometimes it takes several minutes for it to go away. I've tried everything; disabling the dumb app, force stopping it, resetting the phone. It's only getting worse every day. Does anyone have any insight or solutions???

mgvh

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
I'm ready to thow my Note5 due to this stupid Gear VR issue.
Like you, Gear VR keeps popping up wanting to install. I decline, but then I start getting the beeps and popups telling me the phone is not charging regardless of whether the phone is plugged in or not.
I can temporarily fix things by going into Settings > Applications > Application Manager
and force stop Gear VR. BUT, be sure that you also click on More, and Show System Apps.
Then try to force stop all Gear VR entries. It will help, but eventually the problem reoccurs when Gear VR rises from the dead and tries to start doing things again.
I NEVER ASKED FOR THIS STUPID GEAR VR, and it's driving me crazy, and it can't be uninstalled as far as I can tell.
Any other solutions?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1