For starters my phone is android..galaxy note 5....I tried clearing the cache and data and force closing it and it allows me to open the gallery app but only shows my photos in "time" view. I wanna use "albums" view but everytime I try to select it the "unfortunately gallery has stopped working" window pops up.... this is very frustrating.. any help is greatly appreciated.
    06-12-2016 07:17 PM
    HI

Have you received the Marshmallow update recently? If so, that could be the cause of your problem. Normally, we'd offer you advice on clearing the cache. Have you entered recovery mode and wiped the Cache Partition? That too, might help. If not, then the only thing you can do is a factory reset. Be sure to back up your important data.

Chris
    06-12-2016 07:22 PM
    HI

Have you received the Marshmallow update recently? If so, that could be the cause of your problem. Normally, we'd offer you advice on clearing the cache. Have you entered recovery mode and wiped the Cache Partition? That too, might help. If not, then the only thing you can do is a factory reset. Be sure to back up your important data.

Chris
    How do I enter recovery mode and wipe the cache partition?
    06-12-2016 07:35 PM
    I did just update to Marshmallow also but that was a while ago actually..this just started out of the blue.
    06-12-2016 07:36 PM
    I really don't want to factory reset
    06-12-2016 07:43 PM
    Here you go:

How To Enter Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Into Recovery Mode

Once in recovery, use your volume up/down arrows to choose "Wipe Cache Partition"...then the power button to select it...then again to reboot.

Hope this helps!

Chris
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-12-2016 07:47 PM
    If that doesn't work...go to Accounts in Settings. Click on Google Account, and navigate to choose... REMOVE ACCOUNT. Reboot, then re-add the account.

If that doesn't work....sorry, a factory reset would be in order. Be sure to back up all your important data.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-12-2016 07:49 PM