Odin won't recognise phone while in Downloading Mode

A

AC Question

I have a GT-19300 and it's not being recognised by Odin while in downloading mode. The phone is soft-bricked at the moment and I can go into the TWRP recovery mode, and only then my phone is recognised by my laptop.

I'm trying to flash the stock rom into my S3 as it seems to be the only solution to the problem I have. I was originally running CyanogenMod13, until a few hours ago I had a screen saying "Encryption Failed", leading up to a bricked phone.

I've used all the USB Ports of my Laptop, reinstalled Samsung Drivers many times, and tried removing the battery while it's still plugged in.

Been searching all over google for an answer, but none of them have worked. Help would be very much appreciated, thank you.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm with GD97, try another cable, BUT it could be it's time to retire the device, it's probably not worth the expense of a repair at this point in it's life cycle. Might be time to see your carrier about an upgrade, OR if you usually buy, maybe you can get a SG several generations newer, although NOT brand new at a reasonable price. An SG5 for example.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
If this is Windows 8/10, it might also be a signed driver issue. When MS shifted to 8, it almost seems to abhor any non MS driver. I'm wondering if that is the case here.

In all honesty, that is one of the bigger reasons I have shifted to Linux for most things that involves pushing/pulling files from Android devices.

Kiddzu

Jun 14, 2016
Visit site
Yes my laptop is running a Windows 10 at the moment, but changing the cable seemed to have fixed it :)

The only problem I have now is that Odin is failing to flash the stock rom onto the device, but I'll go searching around to find a solution before I come back here.

Thanks for the help!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech