I didn't even realize this was an issue until one email account - the one from which I was sending all my emails, apparently - was deactivated. Now I can't send any emails from my Android, because I don't know how to tell it to use one of my other accounts.
    06-14-2016 02:16 PM
    Hello. Do you just use one email app for all your accounts, or different apps for each.
    What device do you have, for example Samsung or Motorola etc provide an Email app, along with Gmail from Google.

What account was lost.
    Do you still have a Gmail account.
    Were the others similar to Yahoo, Outlook, Hotmail etc. Some company emails.

You would need to register to reply, although I am not the email genius around here hopefully we can steer you in the right direction.

It's odd an account was closed unless they changed the domain address.
    06-14-2016 02:58 PM
    I was using 2 email apps - Gmail, with 2 different accounts, and a job-related app. It was the job-related app that closed, because we switched to a different email provider. So now I have 3 emails accounts on 2 apps: the 2 Gmail accounts, and a new app for work. I did some more self-testing, and I can respond to emails sent to any of these 3 email accounts; I only the have problem if I want to send an initial email from my phone (Motorola), because it's trying to send from the old work email system. Thanks in advance for any advice!
    06-14-2016 04:34 PM
    Thanks for registering.

That's extra useful information.
    I'm trying to understand which account or app is defaulting to the old email address.

You say the previous app for the business email has been uninstalled?

Have you looked in Settings - Accounts, and there's no reference to that account or app there now.

In Settings - Security - Device Administrators, is there any remnant there? (long shot, I'm winging it now!)

Can you compose an email normally from both accounts associated with the Gmail app?

When you use the new email app for your new business email address you cannot Compose there.
    Is it a regular email app available to anyone in the Play Store, or supplied by the company for employees / suppliers.

It must be the way it was entered, or a problem at their end possibly.
    Have other users had a problem since the change.

I will try to get someone to help or give you a link later if no response.
    I'm on UK time.
    06-14-2016 05:07 PM