Whenever I plug in the USB from my phone to the pc, I do not see all the photos that are on my phone. This just started as of yesterday. Most of my photos are internal on the phone, not on the SD card. What is the solution.
    06-14-2016 03:07 PM
    Hello. Which Moto G.
    Had you previously opened the DCIM folder?

If it has updated to Android 6.0 it now requires you to pull down the notification shade on connection and change from Charging Mode in USB Options.

Otherwise you may have a faulty cable or usb port.
    06-14-2016 03:34 PM
    Yes, previously I opened the DCIM folder, never had issues.
    My version of Android if 4.4.4. Cable downloads all other photos.
    06-14-2016 05:55 PM
    Thanks for registering.

So can you isolate which are missing, or is it random.

Do you mean you don't get photos you downloaded or were texted along with camera shots. These would be in the Download folder, which you can only view when the usb connection is in MTP mode via the notification shade. If you had the connection mode set to PTP mode you won't see the download folder (photo transfer protocol, rather than media transfer).

Or are they all camera shots, and you didn't change the camera app setting to save to internal in this time?

Are you comparing the camera roll view, in the Moto G Gallery app, with a list view in Windows both sorted by date.

That's all I can think of for now.
    06-14-2016 07:16 PM
    All of these were taken with my camera phone, and I have always used the USB to connect the phone to the PC and then go in to Internal Storage, DCIM, Camera and my photos are all there. The connection has always been set in MTP mode. The photos in question are when I connect the phone to the PC, they are on my phone, but don't show up in the Camera folder.
    06-14-2016 08:59 PM
    So when you view on your pc now, you don't see the photos taken since this started happening, or random photos are missing from the DCIM folder on the pc, but are still there in the phone Gallery.
    Are they all on the camera roll in the phone Gallery.

I can't figure this out, sorry, without being there, but someone will.

Could you try again and say hi in either the Android Central Community - Introductions forum, or General Help and How To.

Questions here get overlooked if someone answers, but site ambassadors can respond on the other forums, or you can try the Moto G forum.

I have the first generation Moto G as a spare and it's on 5.1 for a year or so. Are you sure you didn't get an update from 4.4.4.
    Just a thought.
    06-15-2016 05:47 AM
    I have the same problem. I have a 3rd Gen (2015) Moto G running Android 6.0 Marshmallow. I've been taking photo's and downloading them onto a PC without any problems until 1-8-16. Since the start of August I can't see any new photo's from my PC. I tried copying them from internal memory into a new folder on the SD card. I can't see them from the PC either. All photo's are visible on the phone. All older photo's are visible from the PC, but none of the recent ones? I've not made any changes to the phone or how I use it. Any ideas anyone?
    08-09-2016 03:21 AM