Lg g4 got so hot screen cracked now doesnt come on at all .. Is it the digitizer or something else?

A

AC Question

Plugged my phone in when battery was low. Came back phone was so hot and the screen was cracked from top to bottom. Worked for about 2 weeks and then got hot and shut off 2x turned on then cycled through to lg screen while heating up and wouldn't come on. Is it the digitizer or something else I can fix I basically have a $600 paperweight LG wanted 175 to repair.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Have you already tried a new or different battery? It's possible the battery itself is defective and overheating (which makes it very dangerous as well).

alexswigert

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I got my first LG G4 (from batch 1) in Dec 2015, it crashed last month (from their defect they knew about) & was replaced free. Today, I too put my phone on charger & came back to my screen cracked crom top to bottom. This one came from (I was told) 2nd batch. Brand new phone. I was going to order a replacement screen & digitizer, am I waisting my time? it stays heating up as well.