LG G4 Bluetooth Keeps Shutting Off

A

AC Question

Help! I have tried EVERYTHING I can find on every forum out there and spent countless hours on the phone with Verizon reps. I have the LG G4 VS986 from Verizon and since I did the last update to android version 6.0 in March, the bluetooth constantly disconnects after 10-15 minutes of use. This makes it impossible to enjoy music or use my expensive fitbit, motostream, bluetooth speakers and other accessories. I cannot get a good workout anymore. It is infuriating!

I have tried disabling any battery power saving and screen timeouts, but the bluetooth still cuts out and now battery dies so quickly as well. I have tried uninstalling every app I don't regularly use. I have tried checking and rechecking all the bluetooth settings.

Someone PLEASE tell me what is causing this! Can I revert back to the earlier version of Android software? If so, how?!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
This seems to be a relatively common issue lately. Does it happen in Safe Mode as well? You won't be able to test out 3rd party apps, but preinstalled apps should still work.

Ruminator

Jan 20, 2017
Visit site
Has anyone come up with a repair? I spent over 6 hours on the phone with Verizon Level 2 support and LG support to no avail. I have run it in Safe Mode - same problem. Even a factory reset did not fix it. And it turns out that the WifFi hasn't been working either even though the indicator icon at the top was lit so I used up all my data. My phone doesn't have a scratch on it. I am 99% certain that it is software related. Tech support agreed that the symptons don't point to a mechanical problem because both WiFi and Bluetooth do not work.The Software Repair Tool would not work either. Neither Verizon nor LG will take ownership of the problem so I was stuck paying off the balance on my G4 and purchasing a new phone. I bought a Motorola Force Z Droid. LG claims to not be aware of any such problem! I will never own another LG phone. I was going to purchase an LG TV but not now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood