App permission problems. I cant click on allow.

A

AC Question

For example when i open the Hangouts app to send a picture it asks for a permission to access the camera. I can't click on allow. I can only click on deny. To allow the app permission i have to go to settings and do the long procedure. Please help me.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do either of you have a screen dimming app installed? I recall that these apps can sometimes make onscreen buttons un-pressable, for some odd reason.

sremick

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
This is happening to me as well on a Pixel C, latest updates. It does not happen in Safe Mode, although it was tricky to test as most the apps doing it aren't available in Safe Mode. But I went into Photos' permissions, denied storage access, then opened Photos to trigger it and was able to use that as a test case inside and outside of Safe Mode.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Found the app that was causing the issue for me. It was File Manager by Cheetah Mobile.
Thanks for the feedback. I've seen this kind of replies a lot: "the problem was caused by the xxx app by Cheetah Mobile". From my experience avoid using any CM app, they can do more harm than good.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1