Anyone else having problems getting updates to Apps purchased through Amazon?

A

AC Question

I purchased Trivia Crack through Amazon because of a coupon I received. However, I can't get updates in a timely manner. Trivia Crack releases limited access machines for a 14-day window. Amazon still hasn't released this latest update, and it has been out on Google Play for at least 2 days. When I contacted Amazon, I was informed:
Thank you for contacting us!

I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused in this regard. At Amazon.com we try our best to make sure our customers do not face any trouble while using our services.

I've looked up your inquiry and after some research found that there is an update available from developer but amazon has not sent it yet.

We are aware of this issue and our technical team is currently working on this issue.

Updates for your apps are automatically made available once they've been tested and approved by our Review Team. Our goal is for Amazon Appstore customers to have a great experience with every app they order. We test all apps and updates to verify that they work as intended, don't impair the functionality of the mobile device, and don't put your data at risk.

Please be assured this issue will be taken care by our technical team an update will soon be available.

Anyone else having the same trouble with Amazon releasing updates?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Amazon apps are almost always updated more slowly (and sometimes not at all), compared to their counterparts in the Play Store. I recall discussing this with a dev in the past, who said that devs have to specifically submit new versions to Amazon, which they don't always do. It might just be too much hassle for the devs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678