Lenovo a536 gps issue

A

AC Question

I have lenovo a536 and my gps isn't working. I tried leaving it under clear sky over a 30 minutes with gps status app running. It showed 0/12 satelites the whole 30 minutes but didn't connect to even 1. it told me to press reset gps and get Xtra data i did that and restarted phone but that didn't work. I read somewhere to go to data/misc deleting EPO.DAT and mtkgps.dat and then go to engineer mode and then go to Location Based Service then go to EPO and press EPO (DOWNLOAD) then i restart phone and it didn't work again. I tried outside every time for at least 10 minutes. i read that mediatek processors are bad at gps but i didn't think that it would be this bad. :(

Last time GPS was working is 2 months ago

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you in an area with lots of tall buildings? Is the weather extremely overcast? These factors can cause problems with GPS reception. You might try again in a day or so, and make sure you're in a very open area.

SethFire

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
No i wasn't near very tall buildings and it was sunny when i did the 30 minutes test. I will try again but not today because its raining and i guess that can cause some gps problems.

SethFire

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
I tried in the best condition sunny weather no tall building a lot of space it found satelites but didin't work and even worse. The micro usb port broke so i can't charge it. I'll use my warranty. Thanks for your help.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown