I get this Error: "Encountered an error with this media. Please try refreshing the media library"

After seeing the error message after the MM update I went through all the files on my SD card I found that most of them would still play with the stock android video player. But in any other player I got a error message. Now though, after copying some new files, they won't even play on the stock player. I'm not talking about MKV files either, just avi and mp4.

I've searched the net and come up with nothing. I downloaded some app called: media Re.Scan, not really sure why but it didn't work. I've wiped my SD card and formatted it as well as checked I have the newest version of the media players (VLC, Mobo etc)

I don't know how to refresh my media library, I don't know what the problem is or how to fix it, and I'm not seeing this problem on other forums or that other users have the problem. It is definitely a result of the upgrade to Marshmallow. I use my phone a lot to watch films etc and this is killing me. I'm not a super techy guy so any simple advice in lay terms would be much appreciated.

Oh and one last thing, I have an Asus Zenfone Max.

Help me please, I'm going insane!
    06-17-2016 04:40 PM