Moto 360 with magnet glued on it won't charge!

A

AC Question

Hi I just have a general, well more specific question, about the Moto 360 smartwatch. See, I have always liked using the Moto 360 with the watchbands detached. It just sits more comfortable in my hand and I would rather have a cool, smaller, lighter, and easier to use option aside from my actual smartphone. It's great for driving too because you can change the music and do simple tasks with one hand while the other is on the steering wheel (only at certain times of course). The only issue with this is I don't have a way to quickly pull out my watch and put it back in my pocket without too much fuss. People usually say to this: "Taking out your watch and putting it back in your pocket to do things? Why not use your phone?" So what I did was super glue a super magnet to the back of the watch and another to a belt clip. This way it can always be at my side when I need it. I can use it without the bands, seated comfortably in my hand, and when I don't need it I can slap it back onto my belt clip. So. The only issue with this whole situation is that the magnet super glued on the back of the Moto 360 prevents the Moto 360 charger, which I believe is some sort of magnetic device, from actually charging the device which makes this whole set up seem pointless. So I was hoping someone here would know a way to still charge the device or even better yet show me a better set up other than the magnets that I can use for my desired effect. Okay thank you guys for reading all of this and I hope someone can help me here.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The 360 charges wireless so a magnet put on the back of the watch would block charging.

You can glue a thin plastic strip to the back of the watch then glue the magnet to that.

kwilliams0937

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site
I appreciate the idea! But the issue is how do I keep the magnet attached to the watch? And maybe I'm not understanding your solution fully but if the plastic is glued to the watch and the magnet glued to that...then aren't I back where I started?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I appreciate the idea! But the issue is how do I keep the magnet attached to the watch? And maybe I'm not understanding your solution fully but if the plastic is glued to the watch and the magnet glued to that...then aren't I back where I started?
If you must glue a magnet to the back of the watch... I would try to do so on the very edges. Then you can modify the charger so that the watch sits flush. This is only an idea... I haven't done it myself, so not sure if it would work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781