I think my phone is bricked!

A

AC Question

I have a 2014 Moto G(Gen 2).
Yesterday, I was going through the settings and saw an encryption setting and I was like, hell yeah. So I plugged in my phone and clicked away. I was told it would take an hour so I left it and took my dog out to the park.
When I came home I noticed the screen was on, but black. I unplugged it and pressed keys like volume and nothing happened. I figured maybe the phone froze, so I let the power run out and kill itself.
Woke up today and plugged it in to charge, but after the Moto logo it does the same thing and the screen turns black, but remains on. I plugged it into my Mac, but I cannot do anything with it.
I bought the phone unlocked. Is this "bricked?" I have an iPhone, so I'm in no rush with having it fixed, but unless it can be fixed, I have no desire to buy a new phone until the daydream ready phones come out and/or the Moto Z with that sweet screen projector comes out.
Thanks for any help you can give!

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried starting the phone in Safe mode? I don't know which carrier you're on, so search Google on how to do Safe mode. Even in Safe mode, you'll probably need your password to get into your phone if the encryption completed.