Why are there so many pre installed apps?

Pat07734

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Here is my beef, purchased the HTC Desire 626S, with 8 gig's Memory. Downloaded very few apps, and constantly getting message, no room to update. Tried to clear out some Memory and see so many pre-loaded apps that I don't use, and don't want or need, like kid mode, lot of Google apps magazine, games, etc but I can't alter or delete them, their just there taking up space. So frustrating.

Last edited:

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Phones advertise the total amount of memory on the phone, not what's available for the user to use. The OS alone can take up a lot of space (3 - 5gb), plus pre-installed apps, and app data. On a 8gb phone, you're going to have very limited space for your own data and apps. The only thing you can do is limit yourself to the capabilities of the phone you have or buy a phone that has more internal storage. Even 16gb is not enough nowadays, so I wouldn't go less than 32gb on any phone.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Uninstall any updates and clear cache and app data on the apps that you don't use. Then disable them in the app manager. For apps you can't disable, disable auto update in the play store so at least it won't be updated.

If your phone supports adoptable storage then you can use that

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool