S7 active: Phone mic remains live when earbuds/mic engaged

stahnzhay

Jun 19, 2016
Visit site
Hi, all. Initial post. Really appreciate any thoughts you might have.

Just got my S7 active a week ago. Digging it so far.

Only one problem. I use my mobile to make a lot of work calls. Luckily, I discovered this issue while on a call with my sister. I use a basic set of earbuds with a mic (Skullcandy Fix: http://www.skullcandy.com/earbuds/FIX.html#5wR0sScWVmjZQVRM.97). The earbuds were fully inserted in the jack. (For what it's worth, unlike my prior HTC phone, I note that when inserted, there is no icon in the status bar indicating "recognition.") While I held the phone in my hand, I was relying on the mic on the earbud cord. My sister had no problems hearing me. But then I dropped the phone into my pocket--I was walking--and my sister started complaining. Apparently, she was hearing the phone rubbing against the pocket as I walked. Moreover, when I held the phone in my hand again (and the "swooshing" noise stopped), she claimed that she was picking up much, much more "background" noise than she had with my HTC and the same Skullcandy earbuds and mic. I suppose I haven't proven *scientifically* that the S7 active's mic remains live, but it sure seems like a safe bet.

Any ideas? I'd prefer to save the factory reset as a last resort--though, as a new phone, it's more manageable than it would be a few weeks/months down the road.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. I don't think a reset is the answer here. It sounds more like a bug in the OS than anything. I would email Samsung and report it to them. Give them all the info you can, i.e. carrier, version of android, full details of what happened, etc.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance