when I come to download a file from outside i. e Skype or when asking permission to access my phone folders for download I receive a message
    to access my folders on my device? deny or allow! when I touch allow nothing happens (like I never pressed it) but the
    deny works which then stops the access, also on the screen screen is never ask again with a tick box when I tick this the accept button goes grey.

not having this access stops me doing a lot i. e no download iplayer programs, Synology apps...

this problem seem to have started since I had my phone back from LG after fitting a new battery (orginal nexus 5) and had to do a system refresh when I received the phone bsck.

any help would be appreciated.

Phil
    06-20-2016 12:51 AM
    I had this exact same issue, I would love to know what the cause is and a "real" fix to it.

My workaround: I went into the phone settings, then "Apps", then I scrolled down to the app I was having issues with, clicked on it, then "Permissions" and added the permissions that way. Once I restarted the app, it worked.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    06-21-2016 02:47 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! To the OP, try going to Settings>Apps​, tap Menu>Reset All App Preferences.
    06-21-2016 04:36 PM
    thanks for the replies melianguidry & B diddy have tried these solutions but no joy.

The effected apps are Skype, Synology apps, itv i player etc, any app requesting access to my phone folders and requires permission which it asks but the allow tab on the screen does nothing when you touch it, deny seems to work which stops the access to the folder and closes the app, even if I add the permissions later under the settings/app. How can I get the installer to select the 'allow' button? running stock Android 6.0.1. on orginal nexus 5.
    06-22-2016 02:58 AM
    Do you have any screen dimmer apps installed? This can sometimes affect certain onscreen buttons, for some reason.
    06-22-2016 12:03 PM