My S7 Edge did it's updates the other day, and since then the Game Tools have stopped working completely.

I have tried deactivating and reactivating it through settings, restarting the phone, turning off Game Launcher.

When I go into the details of the Game Tools app, it states that there is an update available. However I cannot find where to actually update it.

Game Launcher is up to date, and even this has stopped working. It wont actually recognise games anymore. When I try to add a game to it, I get to the app list, choose the game app, press 'Add' and nothing happens, at all.

I love the Game Tools app and, having only owned this phone for a week, I would be so annoyed if I now cant get it to work.

Restarting the phone while connected to WiFi and charging hasn't forced through any updates. I cant find Game Tools in the Play store or in Galaxy app store. I have searched for software updates but nothing is apparently available, despite Game Tools telling me an update IS available.

Has anyone had a similar issue, or can anyone point this relative noob in the right direction.
    06-20-2016 03:27 AM
    Wipe app cache via app manager through settings. Also go ahead and wipe system cache via recovery mode. This does NOT wipe any user data.

Note that a factory reset will delete all user data on the device.
    06-20-2016 04:25 AM
    Thank you.

I cleared the cache. I have also finally managed to update GameTools.

However, it is still not actually recognising any games. Neither is the GameLauncher app.

Any thoughts?
    06-20-2016 05:07 AM
    Yes, it seems GameTools and GameLauncher are not recognising games. I have just downloaded a new one to test it. Neither app picks it up.

GameLauncher will not even allow me to add an app that I know is a game to it.
    06-20-2016 05:17 AM