Why has game tools stopped working?

A

AC Question

My S7 Edge did it's updates the other day, and since then the Game Tools have stopped working completely.

I have tried deactivating and reactivating it through settings, restarting the phone, turning off Game Launcher.

When I go into the details of the Game Tools app, it states that there is an update available. However I cannot find where to actually update it.

Game Launcher is up to date, and even this has stopped working. It wont actually recognise games anymore. When I try to add a game to it, I get to the app list, choose the game app, press 'Add' and nothing happens, at all.

I love the Game Tools app and, having only owned this phone for a week, I would be so annoyed if I now cant get it to work.

Restarting the phone while connected to WiFi and charging hasn't forced through any updates. I cant find Game Tools in the Play store or in Galaxy app store. I have searched for software updates but nothing is apparently available, despite Game Tools telling me an update IS available.

Has anyone had a similar issue, or can anyone point this relative noob in the right direction.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Wipe app cache via app manager through settings. Also go ahead and wipe system cache via recovery mode. This does NOT wipe any user data.

Note that a factory reset will delete all user data on the device.

loomis9301

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Yes, it seems GameTools and GameLauncher are not recognising games. I have just downloaded a new one to test it. Neither app picks it up.

GameLauncher will not even allow me to add an app that I know is a game to it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis