Phone is an HTC V One running Android 4.0.3. I had to put my 15 year old cat to sleep this morning (heart failure) and wanted to make his picture my background. First thing I noticed was I can set the pic to either background, or wallpaper. What is the difference between the two?

The problem I'm trying to solve is, when I set it to either background or wallpaper, my background has the picture on the left, and black on the right. The picture on the left is truncated in the middle. That is, if my picture was ABCD, then my background would be CD on the left, black on the right.

The lock screen shows the correct picture though.
    06-20-2016 07:52 PM
    Hi, my condolences to you, putting down a loved animal is a heart breaking moment. Background and wallpaper are kind of the same thing, different phones might word them differently. Wallpaper is a term used for your home screen 'background' or your lock screen 'background'

Your phone is looking to set the home screen wallpaper as a scrolling effect. Download this app - it'll set any image you have as the home screen wallpaper.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...paper&hl=en_GB

All the best and please register with us if you have any other issues.
    Hi, my condolences to you, putting down a loved animal is a heart breaking moment. Background and wallpaper are kind of the same thing, different phones might word them differently. Wallpaper is a term used for your home screen 'background' or your lock screen 'background'

Your phone is looking to set the home screen wallpaper as a scrolling effect. Download this app - it'll set any image you have as the home screen wallpaper.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...paper&hl=en_GB

All the best and please register with us if you have any other issues.
    06-21-2016 07:46 AM
    Thanks. Image 2 Wallpaper is doing the same thing. My ABCD wallpaper shows CD on the left, and black on the right. Going through the options, looks like I can crop the image but not much more.

sigh
    06-22-2016 02:25 PM