The Uber driver came back to my house with my phone, bless her. But now I have to unlock the phone. I used the password that my friend said he used. I tried a lot of combinations and nothing worked. Anyone have a similar experience and can give me
    suggestions or am I just going to have to buy another phone. He says this happens a lot and they just buy another phone. Well, don't have a spare couple of hundred on me so I would like to fix it. Thanks for any suggestions you have.
    06-21-2016 09:50 AM
    Did he lock it with Android Device Manager after it was initially lost.
    Sometimes the new pin will not work on ADM. You would need to Factory Reset it when off, in Recovery Mode, then use the original Google account and passport to get it started. After that you should reset it in the Backup and Reset Settings and remove the Google account and start your own, unless your friend locked your device with your account on Android Device Manager, which is also possible.
    You can use your Google account even if the sim is paid by someone else.

Too much speculation on that information. Please register if we got it wrong.

If you have a Samsung with a Samsung account, Samsung's Find my Mobile makes it easier to unlock the screen.
    So when you have the phone on a day to day basis, how do you use it if it is locked and you don't know the password? If you take the phone to your carrier, they should be able to help you.
    anon(632115) likes this.
    06-21-2016 10:04 AM
    Did he lock it with Android Device Manager after it was initially lost.
    Sometimes the new pin will not work on ADM. You would need to Factory Reset it when off, in Recovery Mode, then use the original Google account and passport to get it started. After that you should reset it in the Backup and Reset Settings and remove the Google account and start your own, unless your friend locked your device with your account on Android Device Manager, which is also possible.
    You can use your Google account even if the sim is paid by someone else.

Too much speculation on that information. Please register if we got it wrong.

If you have a Samsung with a Samsung account, Samsung's Find my Mobile makes it easier to unlock the screen.
    06-21-2016 11:17 AM