I have my iPhone 6s and my Surface Pro 3, and I love both of those devices, but I also felt like I was missing the in between factor of a smaller tablet. I purchased a Galaxy Tab S2 yesterday with the soul purpose for entertainment and media consumption. The main stream of phablets didn't really grew up on me and the idea of having a "Tablet that can replace your laptop" is good but the Surface is just a bit to big and heavy to use as a tablet. I use my phone basically for texting, social media, making phone calls and taking pictures; my Surface is mostly for school, work and the occasional media consumption while having a place to place it down and not having to hold it with my hands. I wanted to get a tablet really because I felt that their was still a gap that need it to be covered in my own little tech world, so now my Tab S2 has and will become my main device for media consumption, gaming (mainly emulators), watching movies and is a comfortable device that is not to heavy and the 8.0 inch model is the perfect size for what I want to do with it. The main reason I went with an Android tablet was more because of the ability to be able to play emulator games on it, because as much as many wouldn't want to admit it, to me the iPad is still the best tablet to buy.

So, I want to know if you were to buy an Android tablet or any tablet for that matter, what would be your reasons for buying one?
    06-21-2016 12:47 PM
    Yes. I really like my Nexus 7 2013 for times when I don't feel like using a phone or a notebook.

My main uses of my tablet are when I want to browse the web without worrying about battery life, watching videos, and reading ebooks.

I use my tablet every day, even though I have other devices that I also use daily.

I definitely would be interested in a newer tablet if something similar were released.
    06-21-2016 12:54 PM
    Media consumption (reading, Netflix, etc), light gaming. I'd still buy an Android tablet and I am actually looking at the Pixel C to replace my 2014 Samsung tablet but I might wait to see what this fall brings for new hardware.
    06-21-2016 12:55 PM
    I have my iPhone 6s and my Surface Pro 3, and I love both of those devices, but I also felt like I was missing the in between factor of a smaller tablet. I purchased a Galaxy Tab S2 yesterday with the soul purpose for entertainment and media consumption. The main stream of phablets didn't really grew up on me and the idea of having a "Tablet that can replace your laptop" is good but the Surface is just a bit to big and heavy to use as a tablet. I use my phone basically for texting, social media, making phone calls and taking pictures; my Surface is mostly for school, work and the occasional media consumption while having a place to place it down and not having to hold it with my hands. I wanted to get a tablet really because I felt that their was still a gap that need it to be covered in my own little tech world, so now my Tab S2 has and will become my main device for media consumption, gaming (mainly emulators), watching movies and is a comfortable device that is not to heavy and the 8.0 inch model is the perfect size for what I want to do with it. The main reason I went with an Android tablet was more because of the ability to be able to play emulator games on it, because as much as many wouldn't want to admit it, to me the iPad is still the best tablet to buy.

So, I want to know if you were to buy an Android tablet or any tablet for that matter, what would be your reasons for buying one?
    I'd get an nvidia shield tablet.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-21-2016 01:09 PM