I have an unlocked Galaxy S7 edge SMG-935F and I am an advanced android user (for the sake of you feeling free to answer technically).

I went into Ultra Power Saving mode then the battery depleted, and the phone is stuck in a "Touchwiz Easy" type of interface in Ultra Power Saving. It's not the regular 6 app interface of UPS, but a trimmed down large-icon version of Touchwiz.

Now there are no more option to get out of Ultra Power Saving, and the Settings menu is restricted so no Battery option there.

I tried:
    - going to Safe Mode, same thing exactly, gives me the same Easy Mode in Ultra Power Saving (black and white, big icons)
    - rebooting in Recovery Mode, wiping the cache partition, no change
    - rebooting in Recovery Mode then going to Bootloader to run ADB and install another launcher, but can't start the phone in Bootloader mode, it gives an "E: failed to mount /data (Invalid argument) error, then boots back to regular Touchwiz easy in Ultra Power Saving (which is where I started)

I need a way to run ADB installs, or any other way to get out of Ultra Power Saving mode without having to factory reset. Would appreciate the help!
    06-21-2016 07:28 PM
    Hi,

I'm so sorry you're having this issue. Try looking through the provided thread below, and see if something in there might help!

Keep us posted

Why won't ultra saving mode turn off?

Chris
    06-21-2016 09:42 PM