It did until I checked 'do not ask again' when turning it off in Settings. Now the icon remains on in the task bar, but when I go to Settings > Data Manager it shows data 'Off.'

I can surf the web in this condition, so data is clearly not turned off. Restarting the phone does not fix it.
    06-21-2016 09:06 PM
    This is quite odd. What does it say when you pull down your quick settings menu? Is "Data" not highlighted? And Wi-Fi is turned off?

Have you done any software updates or anything of the sort lately? What about other apps?

If all else fails, I would contact LG customer support on their website. I've contacted them before about mobile issues and they got back to me the next morning by email. Please keep us updated on what's happening.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-21-2016 09:20 PM
    The problem sort of remains, but it seems that when I turn data off and wi-fi on, data actually turns off. With wi-fi off, data turns itself on. That was not the case before I checked "do not ask again" when I turned data off that fateful night.

I'd be happy to get the warning window back and have to select OK to finish turning data off, the way it used to be..... without having to reset the phone settings. Is there an option somewhere to resume "ask before turning data off"? -thanks
    06-23-2016 09:33 PM