Sim's not recognized by Elephone P8000.

Manteray

Jun 22, 2016
Visit site
My new phone does not recognize and sim i put in it, the phone itself works great, but no sim readable. Is this a common thing, is it fixable, is it a waste of time, and do i have to send the phone back.
Many places over the internet swear they fix the problem, but im not technically minded enough to be able to root/flash a phone, you may say its simple to follow instructions, but not if you are not technically minded that way you cant do it.
Any person know of a solution that a novice can do himself.
I have checked the pins/sim's and lots of internet searching looking for answers, people are commenting rubbish and nobody is giving answers...Im seeking an answer, does anyone have any answers?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Is the phone locked to any particular network?
If not, or if it is but nevertheless does not read that network's SIMs, it may simply be that the SIM reader is faulty.

Manteray

Jun 22, 2016
Visit site
The phone is unlocked, from research there was many people complaining last year of this problem with this model, but my model is a later version so should have been fixed.
Many people have a solution, they install Eragon rom which fixes the bug, but i dont have the technical know how to be able to root/flash the phone. Basically its a OS fault according to research, hence why its fixable. But i have now contacted the seller and asked what i can do, maybe replacing is the answer, but its me who pay's the postage.....Or i could find someone who knows how to flash phones.

Ty for your reply.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hisoka_Ryuzaki