I want to usually make my stuff smaller so I can see more things than what is delivered via stock. But when I root, I lose Android Pay!

Does anyone have any inside scoop on if Google will allow us to change something as simple as DPI to be a settings feature instead of done via root and build.prop change?
    06-22-2016 02:08 PM
    I want to usually make my stuff smaller so I can see more things than what is delivered via stock. But when I root, I lose Android Pay!

Does anyone have any inside scoop on if Google will allow us to change something as simple as DPI to be a settings feature instead of done via root and build.prop change?
    Welcome to Android Central!

Give this guide below a try. I have used on several phones and can confirm it works on Samsung and LG phones.

How to change the DPI of an Android device without root
    06-27-2016 08:44 AM
    I'm about to play with this on my Note 5. If you just type in: 'adb shell wm density' adb will read the current dpi setting.

Edit: I just changed mine from 560 to 500. Looks good, and it doesn't seem to make anything go wacky.
    06-27-2016 08:53 AM
    Thanks for the tip, I'll try it out. But I'm looking for Google to really allow this as a configuration setting under 'Display' - is it really hard to do this like how Windows does it? Not being snaky, genuinely wondering.
    06-27-2016 10:43 AM