Hello! So I got a brand new Samsung Galaxy S6 at Christmas time but started having problems today. I took my phone out of my back pocket and found that there was a small black blob thing in the corner of the screen. 10 minutes later the center of the screen started to turn purple and over the coarse of about 3 hours the whole screen went purple, but I could still use it. It was like if you had put a colored screen protector on it or something... I could see through the purple to the apps and could still call. Then about a half hour later the purple began to change to black and over another 2 hours the whole screen became black. I can sign in using my thumb print (I can tell by the sound) and I can hear calls, texts, and other notifications. I haven't dropped it, put it under water, or anything, really. I put it in rice, just in case there's any moisture. Also, my plan isn't up until December 2017, and I can't afford a new phone. So what is wrong? What is the cheapest fix? Should I even try to fix it? Thanks for any input!
    06-22-2016 07:29 PM
    Having the phone in your back pocket may have put pressure on the LCD and internally cracked it. Since the phone is only 6 months old, try taking it to your carrier or where ever you purchased it to see if you can get a replacement. Samsung phones have a 1yr warranty, but if they determine the LCD is cracked, it's probably not going to be covered. Did you happen to buy insurance for the phone?
    06-22-2016 07:38 PM